Yes, Jon and I are (finally) moving out of our crappy townhouse! We have lived there for about a year now and it has been awful!!
When we first signed the lease, we thought we were getting such a good deal. A two bedroom, one and a half bath, a dining room, good sized living room, about 1200 sq ft., all for only 550 a month. Great deal right? Well, about a month after we signed the lease our landlords disappeared. Seriously, they vanished. We were having some little maintenance issues and we were a little worried about our neighbors. (they were loud and filthy) Every time we tried to go over and talk to them about it, no one was there. We still payed our rent, and the checks were going through, so we just chalked it up to really bad timing on our part.
About half way through our lease, we get a notice on our door saying that our landlords have gone bankrupt and that we now have to make our rent payments to the bank. So we do. Then everything starts going wrong. Our neighbors moved out, but left tons of food and trash in their home. A month passes and no one comes in to clean it. Now the whole building has a roach problem. Jon and I went out one evening, only to return to a house full of water. Yes, the water pipe to our washer busted. Everything was under water. We get really worried about mold, so we go to the bank and talk to our "representative". He says legally they can't do anything because they don't have rights to the property yet.
Great.
So, basically, the guy tells us to shut up and deal. Now we have a bug and mold infested home. Now way am I living there when little Spencer comes home. So Jon and I started looking (with help from my sister Brenna) around for a new place. Brenna calls me one day and says she found a great deal just outside on Farmington on the way to Prairie Grove. It's a 1850 sq. ft. house with 3 bedrooms, two full baths, a sun room, a dining room, and a huge garage. All for 650 month. As an added bonus, the guy we will be renting from owns a tree nursery (which is right next to the house) so he will be taking care of the lawn care and water bill.
All in all, it's a great deal. I really didn't want to live that far out, but the house is too great to pass up. Oh, and the guy we're renting from has the house sprayed for bugs regularly. (big plus for me) So, we went yesterday and signed the lease. We will be moving out the Saturday after Christmas and will spend our first night in our new home New Years Eve. I am so excited!
We are having a New Years Eve party at our new place, so I'll be sure to post some pics. Moving is great. I can't wait to get started!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! What deal! Our 2-bedroom apartment rent is $740 up here. I never realized how great a deal housing is in Arkansas until I moved to a bigger city. I can't believe what happened at your townhouse, that's awful! I'm so happy for you!!!
Post a Comment