Monday, February 23, 2009

Progress

Well, I went to the doctor today and I am 30% effaced and 1 cm dilated. Progress at last!

For those of you who don't know, I went in last Thursday with some pretty strong contractions. They moved me to Triage to moniter them. (they came every 2-4 min) when they didn't stop, they moved me to a room. I stayed there overnight for observation but everytime they checked me I was still closed. The contractions were CRAZY intense. On the chart from 1 to 100 mine were topping at 120. Yeah, not good.
When they came in the next morning, they checked me one more time and I was still closed. They told me I was in labor, just not "active" labor, so they sent me home. Needless to say, I was upset.
So, since Thursday at 11:00 AM, I have been having contractions every 3-5 min. I am ready to have this baby.

I go back in on Thursday so hopefully, things will be moving along.

No comments: