Tuesday, May 15, 2012

30 for 30


Guess who turned 30?


Yep. This guy!


So, in honor of his birthday, here are 30 reasons (in no particular order) why I love my 30 year old hubs:

1. He is funniest man I know. He always finds a way to make me laugh.
2. He does the dishes. All the time. Without me asking.
3. He makes an excellent jungle gym for Spencer and William.
4. He's a very handy guy to have around. He's patched up walls, fixed a broken door, and has put together quite a few toys that I don't even begin to have the patience for.
5. He helps me find my phone/keys/wallet when I lose it/them. If you know how often this happens to me, you would get why this is a big deal :)
6. He pushes me to try new things. I would never have become the sushi lover I am today without Jon's influence.
7. He listened to the entire first season of "What's New Scooby Doo" on the way to Arkansas without complaining.
8. He likes to cuddle with the boys before they go to bed and when he's home on weekend mornings.



9. He's a hard worker. He never calls in sick to work. Even when he's sick.
10. He puts up with my insane need to have everything unpacked and put away immediately after moving in to a new house. We usually have pictures and curtains hanging within 48 hours. Crazy, I know.
11. I have only seen 3 shooting starts in my life and Jon has been with me every time. I wasn't sure if I should count that as "a reason" when I wrote out this list, but extraordinary things happen in my life when Jon is around and that right there is proof.
12. He calls me Little Miss.
13. He hates taking family photos but does it anyway because he knows how much I love them.


14. Did I mention he's a hard worker? He went to school and worked full time until he got his degree.
15. He's the most forgiving person I've ever met. It doesn't matter what you have or haven't done. As long as you are trying to do the best you can right now, that's all the matters to him.
16. He can talk to anyone, anytime, any place, about anything. This is something I have always struggled with. I like to keep to myself in a large crowd but Jon will always find someone to talk to about something.
17. He likes to entertain just as much as I do. There is always room for friends and family in the Townsend house.
18. He reads. A lot.
19. He introduced me to the Circleville Pumpkin Show!


20. He always gives me the cherry on top of his ice cream.
21. He hates being away from me just has much as I hate being away from him. The first time we slept apart after we were married was the night Spencer was born. (that's a week and a half shy of two years folks)
22. He's competitive. We always bet before we play a game.
23. This may surprise you, but Jon is a dang good dancer. I'm not talking hip hop or break dancing or anything like that. But put on some Sinatra and the man has some serious game :)
24. He lets me go a little invite happy when I plan birthday parties.


25. He sings/hums/whistles "Yellow Submarine" when he's happy.
26. When I was pregnant with Spencer he would drive to Red Lobster at least twice a week to feed my clam chowder craving.
27. He loves Dr. Pepper almost as much as I do.
28. When I've had a bad day, he makes me dinner AND does the dishes.
29. He lets me take pretty much weekly trips to Hobby Lobby from October-December so I can look at all the Christmas decorations.
30. The first time he told me he loved me he said he wasn't the type to say it a lot so I shouldn't expect to hear it all the time. He has said it to me every day since. :)

1 comment:

Ryan and Ashley Campbell said...

aww, so sweet :) I'll have to copy this when Ryan turns 30.