Sunday, December 23, 2012

Happy Birthday William!

I can't believe my baby boy is two! This time two years ago I was in the hospital snuggling with my brand new baby. This year he is walking around looking at Christmas lights saying, "Santa! Ho! Ho! Ho!"
He is such a sweetheart and fills our days with his mischievous laughter. He is the sweetest trouble maker you will ever meet :)
Last night we had a little party for him. I wasn't expecting such a turn out with it being so close to Christmas, but we had a full house! It was great to have so many friends come and celebrate our little guys birthday. Even Nana and Grandpa made it in time!
Jon made lasagna for everyone and for dessert we had cookies, a crockpot full of hot chocolate, and a birthday cake made by yours truly. My friends and I were talking the other day about how Pinterest has totally screwed us "normal" moms by placing these crazy party expectations on us. It seems like no party is complete without cake pops that are perfectly decorated with matching decorations and a two tier fondant cake. We were all wondering what happened to the crappy homemade cake with nothing but sprinkles and candles. It inspired me to go old school and bring back the crappy cake, so that's what I did :)
I must admit that I did get the idea for the 2 outlined in sprinkles from Pinterest. But that's ok because it was just a funfetti cake mix, so I think that levels it out, hah.
Jon did a fantastic job on the lasagna and all of the kids got along really well. They took turns and the older kids took care of the younger ones. It was a great night and I am so thankful for everyone that came.

Happy birthday little man! We love you more and more every day and our family just wouldn't be the same without you!

1 comment:

Ryan and Ashley Campbell said...

Happy Birthday William! And I love the cake, Kara, although i had to laugh about it being funfetti! We miss you guys!