Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Miracle

I witnessed a miracle last night. No joke! It was an honest to goodness MIRACLE. Here's what happened:

At 11:00 Spencer started to get really fussy. This is normal. It happens every night when he is hungry and ready for bed. So, being the good mom that I am, I fed him and started to rock him to sleep. Here is where the evening changed. Instead of falling asleep like he usually does, he stayed awake. I must have rocked him for a good 20 minutes, but it didn't do a thing. He just stared at me.
I got confused. He was doing all of the things that he usually does when he's tired. ( rubbing his eyes, yawning, grabbing his ear...etc) He just wouldn't go to sleep.

So, I decided to just put him in his crib to see how he did. Usually when I do this, he starts to scream before I even get out of the room. Last night, I expected the same thing, but here's where the miracle happened.

.......He didn't cry..........


I stood in the doorway, expecting it any second.
It never came.
I left the room.
Still no crying.
I went into the living room.
Still, no crying.

The boy didn't make a sound. Ever! All night long. Not a sound. He slept until 6:00 this morning! This means that I slept, and I slept soundly! This is something I thought I would never be able to do again. I'm so happy, I could cry! haha

4 comments:

Ruby said...

YAY!!! How awesome that you finally got some sleep and what a good little boy Spencer is! Congrats. :)

Howe's in Arkansas said...

I hope it continues!!! Congratulations on a good night's sleep...

Katie said...

Wow! That is amazing! I'll just pray that day comes for us:). You seriously just put him in the crib??? That's awesome.

Meagan said...

Congratulations, Mom!!!