Monday, August 16, 2010

ER Visit

Yes, that's right. Sunday morning as we were getting ready for church, we had to make a run to Washington Regional's ER. While Jon was in the shower, Spencer had managed to get into our cabinets under our bathroom sink. We don't really have anything under there that can get him into trouble....usually.
Since Spencer hit this curious stage in his life, we have moved all of our cleaning supplies out of reach. Apparently, we missed one. The Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner.

I was on the computer when all of a sudden I hear, "Kara! Get in here now!" I run into the bathroom and there is Spencer, with the Toilet Bowl Cleaner all over the floor, his hands, and his mouth.

Needless to say, I freaked. We cleaned Spencer off as best as we could, gave him a bunch of water, and rushed him over to the ER. Once we were there we had his vitals checked and his temperature taken. (rectally. and let me tell you: Spencer did NOT like that. At. All.) and the nurse started looking for traces of the cleaner in his mouth.

Thankfully, Spencer is fine. We caught him in time and there was no real damage done. He seemed to have some very little traces of it in the mouth. Mostly on his gums. So we're thinking he didn't actually swallow it, he just got it on his hands and then put his hands in his mouth.

Since then we've done a thorough dummy check of the house and there is no way this will be happening again. I love my little man. Even though he is mischievous and gets into anything and everything he shouldn't. :)

1 comment:

Jenny McBride said...

scary! I can totally see Miriam doing that because she is into everything! You've inspired me to go through everything and be more careful :-)