Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm Sorry

There is a lesson being taught in the Townsend house today and I'm sorry to say, it isn't going so well for Mr. Spencer.

As a child my Mother insisted that when I had wronged someone, I had to apologize. No matter how big or small the issue was, I had to swallow my pride and say, "I'm sorry." If I didn't, I was plagued with guilt. I could not have peace until I apologized.

This is something I have come to be very grateful for as an adult. Spencer, on the other hand, probably wishes I was never taught this lesson.


This little boy refuses to say he is sorry. Absolutely r-e-f-u-s-e-s. He would rather sit in time out for 20 minutes than say he's sorry.


And that's what he did tonight. He sat in time out and his mean old Mama did not let him out until he said he was sorry. It was incredibly traumatic. I'm surprised he lived through it.



I'm happy to say that he eventually came around. After some cuddles and a small chat about why should say we're sorry, he found it in his heart to forgive his mean Mama. :)

No comments: