Monday, October 24, 2011

9 Month Check Up...at 10 months

My 10 month old baby boy!


Yes, it's true! Sweet little William is 10 months old! October has been a super busy month for us, so we didn't get to his 9 month well child check up until today. Here are his stats:

weight: 20lbs
height: 28.75in
head cir.: HUGE! haha- but really, I can't remember. I just remember the percentile which was 85th.
teeth: 2 (bottom) with 2 more (top) ready to cut through any day

My little man is getting to be not so little anymore! He is in the stage where everything I give him must be thrown on the ground so he can laugh while I pick it up for him. (awesome game, by the way. You should try it.)

He also loves to say "DA DA DA DA DA!" as loud and as many times as possible.  Even though he says Dad, he loves his Mama. I am always the one he wants to cuddle and play with, which is nice because Spencer was always a Daddy's boy. It's nice to have a cuddle bug  :)


He still has the most pleasant disposition, and is usually all smiles. He loves to watch the world around him and is content to just be on his own. We are also working on boundaries. William definitely understands, "No!" but he's not very happy about hearing it. When he gets angry, he slaps his arms and legs up and down and it almost looks like he's trying to make a snow angel. haha


William doing what he does best: chillin



He loves his waffles, mac and cheese, and chicken, but typically eats anything I put in front of him. In the mornings after he has had a good breakfast, I usually give him some cheerios to snack on so he can work on those fine motor skills. I think he has finally mastered the "pincer grasp" ( forefinger and thumb) It's so funny to watch him concentrate on grabbing one cheerio at a time. Since his mouth is so slobbery, he will sometimes have one or two stuck to the side of his hand and he will shake and wipe at it like crazy until he only has one.

He has also started walking in the last month. He only takes 5 or 6 steps until the hydraulics kick in and he sinks to back into his crawling, but he's making progress. I think having Spencer around is helping in some ways, but also hinders him in others. When Spencer was little if he wanted anything he had to go and get it for himself. William has a big brother that will bring him anything he needs at the drop of a hat. I think the mentality behind him is, "Why walk all the way over there when Spencer will get it for me?" and really, who can argue with that? :)

I love that he claps when I say, "Yaaaaay!" He started doing it right as he turned 9 months and now he's got it down to an art :) We are also working on peek a boo and patty cake. He LOVES it when Spencer plays peek a boo with him! The giggles that come out of those boys are just too precious for words!

As always, he is in totally in love with his big brother. :) Those two boys are the best of friends and will entertain each other all day. Spencer is always the first one to go into the room when baby brother wakes up from his nap and William always rewards him with a BIG smile. If I try to get him first, he looks confused. haha

We are all so happy to have William in our family. He brightens our day and magnifies the love in our home. I cannot believe he is this big! I feel like I just brought him home and now he has become this little independent person. It's crazy! 
The happiest kid I know!

No comments: