Tuesday, February 14, 2012

An Unexpected Change

So much has happened in the last week, I hardly know where to begin! I suppose I will start with Jon's interview.

 A few weeks ago, Jon applied for a position with Wrigley in the Little Rock area. It was for the Territorry Sales Manager and to be honest, it sounded like the perfect fit for Jon. ( Sales + my social butterfly of a husband = a perfect fit.)

Usually the application process takes for...ev....er. When Jon applied for his current job at Wal-Mart it took months for the application, interviews, and background check to complete so he could finally start work. This time around it went so fast I hardly had time to think about it. They got back to him within a week! Two phone interviews later, he headed down for a face to face meeting with the Local and Regional Managers. This was on the 8th of February.

Jon came back from the interview feeling very positive. He said that the conversation flowed easily and both managers were very interested in the fact that he served a two year mission in Argentina. (thank you Jon for being obedient and serving your mission!) I could tell he was excited about it, but was trying to keep a level head. If he were to be offered this position, we would move down to the Conway/Little Rock area.  We both have family there, so the idea of moving wasn't too painful. We would have to move away from NWA but we would be close enough that we could come back for baby blessings, birthdays, etc. Best of both worlds, right?

 Well, he was told in the interview that they wanted to move quickly and get this position filled by early March, so he should expect a call rather soon. We heard back from them Friday evening. (talk about quick!) My heart was in my throat as I listened to Jon's end of the conversation. I was so nervous I couldn't stay in the same room. I waited in the bedroom with the boys while Jon finished the call. When he came in I knew it was good news. They offered him the position!!....but not in the Little Rock area. They want us in Gulfport Mississippi!

 Whaaat?! Talk about a shock! We didn't even know that location was even being considered!  I'm not going to lie, when he said Mississippi, I cried. I don't know if it was tears of happiness, fear, or shock. (probably all of them) All I could hear was Spencer's little voice in my head asking, "Mom, I go ClaudiaAudrey's house?" or "Mom, I go see Bwenna?" or "Mom, I go Unck Shasha's house?" (Uncle Jascha) Then I thought about "Nana Papa house" and I lost it. What can I say? I feel a surge of any emotion and I cry.

We called our family to share the news, then we just sat and looked at each other.

Then we thought about it.
Then we prayed about it.
Then we accepted.

So here we go! Gulfport Mississippi! Further proof that Heavenly Father answers our prayers, just not always in the way we expect Him to.

 It's all happening so quickly! I've spent the last day and a half on the phone to different rental properties and storage facilities and it sort of feels like a dream. I keep expecting to wake up and have everything be the same as it has been. Really, this job is going to be such a blessing for my little family. I feel like a giant weight has been lifted from our shoulders. It's a little scary to be moving completely away from friends and family and be in a whole new area, but in a way it's sort of liberating. I'm going to miss NWA and the life that we have made here, but I'm looking forward to our new adventures on the coast.

Wish us luck!

2 comments:

The Lady of the House said...

Moving away is such a great adventure! There's the honeymoon period (where everything is so new and your head is still spinning)...then the missing period (where you miss "home)...and then when you make that place your new home.

It's fun, exciting, and I wish you guys luck in this new adventure!

thecainclan said...

Congrats! When your head clears and the emotions settle, remember that family and friends will be here/there always. Take each day one at a time and remember you are loved!
Enjoy the next adventure! We Love you all! The Cain Clan