Saturday, May 11, 2013

Color Me Rad NOLA

What a fun morning!! We left the house at 6:00 AM for my very first 5K. The New Orleans Color Me Rad race! Originally my friends Katie and Krista were going to run with me, but unfortunately Katie came down a horrible cold and Krista had some family members fall ill so they both had to cancel. I was so sad, but I've been working on my couch to 10k so I felt like I owed it to myself to run it. 
I'm so glad I did! It threatened to rain all morning long (and it actually was raining when we left Biloxi) but luckily, the weather cooperated and we didn't see a drop. It made for a very cool run, which was nice. 


I started at 9:25 and crossed the finish line at 9:55. After 5 color stations and a color bomb from my boys, I was a hot mess but it was so worth it.

 


There is another color run coming to Gulfport in October. I am so there! 

 
On our way home. Apparently, I wasn't the only one that was tired. :)

1 comment:

Ryan and Ashley Campbell said...

Go Kara! That's super awesome!