Monday, July 15, 2013

NAM

My goodness, I have fallen behind on my blogging! Life with three little boys has kept me fairly busy :) but ill try and catch up.

A few weeks ago Jon and I took a trip back to Arkansas for our summer vacation.  Fortunately, we were able to plan our trip around the National American Miss pageant that my nieces Avery and McKenna  were entered in. I know that most Aunts think their nieces are beautiful, but really, Mac and Av were the most gorgeous girls in the pageant. Seriously. 


Avery may be a short little thing, but on that stage she is so graceful and elegant. She steals the show! 

 

And then there is McKenna who is so gorgeous it almost hurts! She has this confidence about her that completely knocks yours socks off. 

It's so fun to watch them compete. (it helps that they win their fair share of trophies. Av was 3rd runner and and Mac was 2nd runner up. I'm just a little proud.) They also were the first runners up for talent. Avery played Castle on a Cloud  from Les Mis on her flute and Mac sang Cups from Pitch Perfect. 

As we left Arkansas, we stayed our last night with the Tribetts and the girls were kind enough to give up their room. As we were getting ready for bed I looked around the room and noticed a top shelf that went all the way around the room. It was filled with trophies and tiaras. I told Avery how impressed I was and all she said (in a ho-hum voice) was, "Ya, we're  kinda running out of places to put them." Hahaha! What a problem to have!! We all got a pretty good laugh out of that. 


No comments: