Tuesday, February 16, 2010

North Carolina

This last weekend Jon, Spencer, and I took a trip to North Carolina to visit my Mema (my mom's mom) and to see my Aunt Brenda's (my mom's sister) wedding. It took forever to get out there, but it was so worth it. It was so good to see everyone! My Dad, my sister LeAnn, and my sister Brenna both made the trip with their families as well. I also got to see my Uncle Matt and Aunt Jo Sue. ( I haven't seen my Aunt Jo for many many years, so that was awesome!) Since it was my Aunt Brenda's wedding I also got to say hello to her 3 (gorgeous!) daughters. I haven't seen my cousins in a long time either, so it was good to catch up with everyone.

As fun as it was to be out there visiting family, it was also very hard. My Mema has been sick for a long time now and lately things have been taking a turn for the worse. This trip was basically a goodbye visit and it was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do.

Luckily, Jon and Spencer were able to come out with me. She had only met Jon once before, at our wedding reception. I know it meant a lot to her to be able to talk with Jon a little more. Spencer and I spent a week with her this last summer during the 4th of July. My little man sure does love his Mema. He would just sit there and let her tickle and hold him for forever. It was so adorable! This trip was a little different. During the summer, Spencer was only 4 months old, and not very mobile. He was just learning to roll from his back to his front. Now he is almost a year old, and is walking everywhere. This kid wants to go go go, all the time! But he still loves his Mema.



There was so much drama during this trip, I can't even begin to write it all down. Everything from my sister's van getting stuck on top of the mountain in the snow, to saying goodbye for the last time. It was an emotional roller coster for me, but now I'm home and I'm looking forward to getting back into our routine. I had a great time in North Carolina and I'll never forget it.

No comments: