Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Broken Toe

So...you know how I said in my last post that I love our new kiddie table? I still do, but the bench we built to go with it isn't exactly on my list of favorite items.
Yesterday morning William pulled the bench over onto his left big toe and completely crushed it. We ended taking him to the ER where they did an X-ray to make sure it was, in fact, broken. Unfortunately for William, it was broken. They said he completely broke off the tip of his bone and then crushed it so badly it looked like a spoon.
After the X-ray, they had to drain some of the blood under his toenail. They said that he will loose the nail, but If they didn't drain some of the fluid it would mess the nail up when it grew back. That was not a fun process. We had to pin our poor little guy down so they could get it all.
After that ordeal, they put a splint on him to help take the pressure off of his toe. Once again, we had to hold him down while the nurses worked because he wouldn't hold still.
Before we left, the Dr gave us the number to an orthopedic Dr that I'm supposed to call today. He said that William will have to wear a splint for the next 6 weeks but because he is so small the orthopedic Dr will probably want to put him in a full cast.
My poor little guy is in for a rough couple of weeks. I hate to see him in so much pain, but hopefully as time passes so will the pain.

Look how sad he is!

2 comments:

Ryan and Ashley Campbell said...

Poor William! That is such a sad face!!!

Ryan and Ashley Campbell said...

Poor William! That is such a sad face!!!