Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hocus Pocus

Today was sort of a cloudy, rainy day and because Spencer is so into this whole Haloween thing, (our trunk or treat is tomorrow night and he cannot wait to dress up) I decided to have a little bit of fun.
We turned on the movie Hocus Pocus and decided to try our hand at making Hocus Pocus rolls! It's a pretty simple little recipe and it's perfect for little hands that like to get a bit messy. All you do is melt some butter, add cinnamon sugar, roll a marshmallow in the buttery mix, roll it up in a crescent roll, and bake it at 350 for about 15-20 minutes.
William was interested in helping for the first 2 seconds. Once he figured out he would have to get his hands sticky, he took his marshmallow and ran.
Once the rolls came out, Spencer was so excited! He kept saying, "Look at my rolls Mom! I did it! I did it!" haha He was so proud of himself and I've got to hand it to him, they were delicious. They may not have been the most beautiful rolls in the world, but they were all made by Spencer. The dunking, the rolling, he did it all. Who knows? Maybe I have a little chef in the making. :)


No comments: