Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Little Rock Weekend

This past weekend Jon and I took our boys to central Arkansas to visit family. We spent a few days with LeAnn and the rest of the Tribetts and also a few with Jon's parents.

Friday night we stayed with LeAnn, but we didn't really do a whole lot. (which was nice) They had Jascha's Mom down for a visit as well, so with all of us they had a pretty packed house. We went out to dinner at this really yummy Italian place where they had calzones the size of your head! Jon bet Cooper $10 that he couldn't eat the whole thing. Unfortunately for Jon, Cooper rose to the challenge. He not only ate the whole calzone, he also ate 3 rolls!  I couldn't believe it!

The next day, Cooper had a thing he had to do in Hot Springs so we left the Tribetts fairly early and headed to Jacksonville to visit Grandpa and Nana. Nana had some awesome coupons for the Little Rock Zoo so that is where we headed. Spencer liked the tigers, giraffe, and monkeys the best. The funniest part of our "zoo experience" was visiting the giraffe. It pooped while we were watching him and Spencer kept saying, " EWW! BLEH!" over and over again. Haha :) The tigers were also very entertaining. They growled a lot while we were there. I had never heard one in person before and I have to admit, it made me a little nervous! I was grateful to be up high and behind an electric fence.

Little Farmer Spencer

The tigers were growling a lot that day and Spencer loved it!
Making monkey noises with Dad

William loved cuddling with Aunt LeAnn
 The next day after the first session of General Conference, Jon and I headed back towards Conway. We watched the last session of Conference and then Jascha's Mom made a delicious pot roast for dinner. We spent the evening talking and being entertained by the kids. 

Coop and Ave making fart noises for Spencer
 
Such a happy little boy!



This is a video of Cooper's amazing arm fart talent. hahaha :) Jascha is trying to convince him to do it for his school talent show. Too funny!


We had such a great little weekend getaway! We are already starting to plan our next visit :)

No comments: